Nikola Labs is on a quest to create the future and build the world’s leading wireless power company. Do you want to be a part of a growing and dynamic team and culture, are you a doer and a multi-tasker who wants to grow your skills and capabilities and take on increasing responsibilities? If so, then this role is for you.
Our new Controller will contribute to the growth of the company’s accounting, human resources, procurement and office operations.
In this role, you will develop and refine the necessary policies, processes, controls and systems used to manage the organization’s R&D and manufacturing operations. You will also contribute financial and administrative support while providing leadership.
The Controller will work closely with the senior leadership team to ensure that our finance and operations functions operate smoothly. Major responsibilities of this role will include:
- Accounting (including Cost Accounting/Job Costing, Billing, AR and AP functions)
- Human Resources (including employee onboarding and payroll functions)
- Procurement (including purchase order and inventory management)
- Office Operations (including all back-office functions in support of the organization)
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems
- Maintain adequate accounting records to ensure that reported results comply with GAAP
- Ensure that accounts payable are processed for payment in a timely manner
- Ensure that accounts receivable is collected promptly
- Support HR with employee and payroll functions
- Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed in a timely manner
- Maintain the general ledger chart of accounts
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Manage outside vendor relations
- Issue timely and complete financial statements
- Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
- Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Support the preparation of investor and other financial reports
- Coordinate the provision of financial information for audit and other necessary purposes
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and filings
- Hardware design, development, testing, and troubleshooting
- Correcting analog and digital electronic assemblies under development, during system integration or returned from the field
- Design and integration of physical packages and PCBs that are to be embodied together
- Acquire and/or build the tools and facilities necessary to support a growing RF electronics product development company
- Work independently and with minimal direction on specific tasks assigned to the candidate
- Critical thinking is vital as is the willingness to challenge others regardless of their position in the company
This position requires a significant amount of diverse accounting experience. The ideal candidate will possess a majority of the requirements below:
- Four-year degree in accounting
- 5+ years of accounting experience, ideally in an industrial/manufacturing environment
- Strong computer skills, including Quickbooks, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Office applications. Experience with computer database systems for manufacturing, is a plus.
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Strong collaborator who can build trust and contribute to the success of the team
- Ability to synthesize the vision of the CEO and senior leadership team and translate it into to day-to-day tactical support of the organization
- Strong organizational skills a must
- Provide steady financial leadership in a fast-paced environment
- Able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Must embrace a culture of accountability
- Must enjoy a challenge, be passionate about your work and have a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement.
- Must be a builder and a contributor
- Must have a high level of energy, be results-oriented, confident and have strong people skills
- Must be highly flexible, resilient, adaptable and comfortable working in a dynamic
- Organization with an evolving culture
Reports to: CFO (with a dotted line to the CEO and COO)
Nikola Labs is a rapidly growing start-up with big ambitions. We think and act nimbly and believe in open communication from every team member, where feedback to improve technology and company operations is both encouraged and rewarded. We have an informal work environment that favors results over bureaucracy.
Nikola Labs is a wireless power company with an advantaged far-field technology that converts radio frequency (RF) energy into direct current (DC) power. We are a devoted and capable team that includes world-renowned electrical engineers and distinguished business leaders united by a common goal – advancing wireless power into the marketplace. We are located at The Point at Otterbein University, a maker-space and incubator for technology start-ups and home to the school’s engineering program,
Nikola Labs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all that meet the minimum qualifications to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter stating their interest in Nikola Labs and outlining relevant experience for consideration. Applicants will be accepted until August 20, 2018.