Nikola Labs is on a quest to create the future and build the world’s leading wireless power company. Do you want to be a part of a growing and dynamic team and culture, are you obsessed with delivering an exceptional customer experience, and do you want to grow your skills and capabilities and take on increasing responsibilities? If so, then this role is for you.
The Nikola Labs Solutions Engineer reports to the VP Operations and is responsible for designing and developing the ideal customized Nikola Labs’ wirelessly powered predictive maintenance solution for various customer needs in the industrial and manufacturing market.
The Solutions Engineer is the “voice of the customer” and will use a keen understanding of our product and capabilities and apply his/her diversified knowledge of engineering principles and practices to develop a solution that best meets needs of the client and delivers and industry-leading customer experience.
- Use deep knowledge of company products and overall analysis experience to capture, understand and define product design requirements in client environment
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders to determine technical requirements, implementation plans, and pricing strategies
- Define and design approach for machinery prediction systems on various types of equipment in client facilities
- Utilize working knowledge and experience in the areas of VFDs, Motors/Wiring configurations, PLCs, Computers, Electrical Schematics, Control Circuits, Electrical Distribution Systems, Condition Monitoring, and Preventive / Predictive maintenance to create drawings, schematics, connection diagrams and bills of materials for simple to complex solutions with NL product and client equipment (Solution Design)
- Understand and interpret equipment specs, speeds, bearing sizes, etc. to inform the Solution Design
- Must be comfortable drafting the means of mounting and installing our equipment at the customer site
- Understand and use software tools to analyze condition monitoring data and equipment management information (e.g., component replacement projections, life cycle position) to inform the Solution Design
The ideal Solutions Engineer at Nikola Labs will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering; or Military equivalence
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in the power electronics or similar field
- General knowledge of industrial electronic systems including enclosures, cabinets, chassis, electrical connectors, cabling, and mounting hardware
- Experience in thermal and vibration analysis and environmental test including vibration and shock
- Experience in condition monitoring, preventive and/or predictive maintenance methods, commissioning new systems and repair of associated equipment
- Ability to read and review mechanical drawings for proper dimensioning tolerances and accuracy and completeness
- Relevant experience in process integration specifically in the control and condition monitoring disciplines
- Level 2 certification in Vibration Analysis, or equivalent experience
- 2-3 years of experience with installation and maintenance of control systems
- Familiarity with industrial networking protocols and IT networks/environments
- A strong working knowledge of Root Cause Failure Analysis to accomplish reliability goals and experience in the flow of electricity in both AC and DC circuits is a plus
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALITIES
- Physical ability to work in confined industrial environments, wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), including protective glasses, protective gloves, and protective clothing and footwear
- Demonstrate the desire and knowledge to understand and solve for customer needs
- Provide personalized, professional and courteous service, accurate information, continuous communication, and the ability to address customer expectations in an appropriate manner
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage time effectively
- Exceptional organizational skills; be results-oriented with a bias for action
- Must have a high level of energy, confident and have strong people skills
- Strong collaborator who can build trust and contribute to the success of the team
- Ability to synthesize the vision of the CEO and senior leadership team and translate it into to day-to-day tactical support of the organization
- Must embrace a culture of accountability
- Must enjoy a challenge, have a desire to learn, be passionate about your work and have a commitment to excellence and continuous improvement
- Behave ethically at all times, act fairly, and take responsibility for accomplishing work goals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills necessary to effectively convey ideas
- Fluency in English; other languages are a plus
- Legally authorized to work in the USA, without sponsorship
- Occasional weekends and off hours required
- Occasional overnight and air travel required
Nikola Labs is a rapidly growing start-up with big ambitions. We think and act nimbly and believe in open communication from every team member, where feedback to improve technology and company operations is both encouraged and rewarded. We have an informal work environment that favors results over bureaucracy.
Nikola Labs is a wireless power company with an advantaged far-field technology that converts radio frequency (RF) energy into direct current (DC) power. We are a devoted and capable team that includes world-renowned electrical engineers and distinguished business leaders united by a common goal – advancing wireless power into the marketplace. We are located at The Point at Otterbein University, a maker-space and incubator for technology start-ups and home to the school’s engineering program,
Nikola Labs, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and encourages all that meet the minimum qualifications to apply.
Qualified candidates should submit a resume and cover letter stating their interest in Nikola Labs and outlining relevant experience for consideration. Applicants will be accepted until August 20, 2018.